This is an unusual opportunity to join a small founding team at an exciting stage of rapid but organic and customer-fuelled growth. Operating as a fully remote team working to UK time zones.
My Client is a small, but well established B Corp who’ve been running a high-impact climate action platform for 10 years. Their business is built around encouraging healthy, environmentally friendly habits. They have developed an online platform where anyone can either make a pledge or run a campaign to raise pledges – pledges to do things like cycling to work, wasting less food, or using reusable coﬀee cups. Corporations such as Pret and Innocent Drinks are taking part on a corporate scale.
In addition, earlier this year they partnered with an ambitious global project aiming to encourage 1 Billion people to take climate action by 2030.
With growing demand for whitelabel versions of the platform, from a mixture of high proﬁle corporates and non-proﬁt organisations, often involving a collaborative development approach; delivering on these projects will be a key part of your role.
There will also be several large areas of development to improve the core functionality and scalability of the platform, with the ultimate goal of increasing the depth and scale of climate impact, taking users on a journey from individual action to climate advocacy and leadership.
- Working directly with the founding team to deﬁne features and the development roadmap
- Implement features using the existing stack and adopting new technologies as required
- Work well with other developers, product manager and client support teams
- Document code and processes
- 2+ years experience building and scaling production grade web applications
- Experience of working in Django along with React, Typescript and GraphQL knowledge.
- Curiosity about new technologies but pragmatic about getting things done.
- Comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience working successfully in a distributed team
- Excellent communication skills
- Last but not least – you must be interested in and excited by the challenges and opportunities of sustainable living
Start date: January 2021, Location: UK based, working remotely. Must have the right to work in the UK.
Other beneﬁts: 31 days holiday (+1 day for each year worked with us); slow travel holiday bonus; pension contribution; ﬂexible work policy; annual training budget; 2 volunteer days / year; coaching; potential for equity through employee option scheme.